850 Pallet Labeller
The Logopak 850 pallet labelling system is a compact, medium speed labeller capable of 100 pallets per hour based on two applications-per-pallet, either front & side, or side & rear faces to conform to GS1 specifications. Two applications can be achieved with a single conveyor stop.
- SSCC Labelling
- One Stop option
- GS1 Compliance
- Digi-drive technology
The 850 is available in 3 variants. Get more info HERE.
Pallet labelling solutions, suitable for pallet labelling where global standard GS1 and SSCC barcode labels are applied to facilitate the handling and tracking of an item.
A completed pallet requires barcode labels on two adjacent faces of the pallet (one long side, one short side) to allow visibility of a barcode label when the pallet is stored in racking. Further developments within the supply chain could mean that a third pallet label is required to satisfy national and regional distribution centre automated scanning warehouses. All labels are applied in real-time and the barcode is displayed in ‘picket fence’ (vertical bars) orientation.
The pallet label format in most cases contains an SSCC (serial shipping container code) barcode. This is a completely unique number identifying the logistics unit. In most cases this label will be applied automatically to the front, side or rear faces of the pallet.
The pallet is usually static while the labels are applied to prevent the wrong label from being applied to the wrong pallet, and any poorly printed barcodes can be automatically re-applied.
All Logopak pallet labellers come with a powder coated steel (or optional stainless steel) enclosure with optional heating, cooling, illumination and pressurisation. All enclosures have a pneumatic trap door to protect the machine from adverse environmental conditions such as dust, dirt, or cold.
One Stop Pallet Labelling
Logopaks one-stop pallet labellers allow 2 labels to be applied to adjacent faces of the pallet with a single stop on the line, and are ideal for situations where conveyor space is limited. Where 3 labels are required, this can be accommodated with 2 stops using a single applicator.
The Logopak 850 pallet labeller is capable of fulfilling all your pallet labelling requirements. Like all our machines, the 850 is manufactured in-house and does not rely on any third party integration of hardware or software.
- Logopak 850 – Compact two or three sided print and apply pallet labeller intended for labelling up to 100pph (2 sides). With one-stop functionality and a 600m label roll.
Pallet Labeller Features
- Manufactured in-house
- Low cost of ownership
- Versatile range of applicators
- Real time labelling
- Efficient consumable changes
- Full supply chain compliance
- Outstanding support service
- Optimised for maximum productivity
- Integrated barcode verification
What makes a good pallet labeller?
To apply the perfect barcode label consideration for the following items is critical.
- Application. Application must be positive to secure the label effectively as pallet stacks can be uneven with undulating surfaces.
- Real time labelling. One-to-one labelling means there are no pre-printed labels on the label web or loop waiting to be applied. This means real time print data such as sequential number or real time clock data is absolutely accurate. No loop minimises label waste at product change over.
- Consumable stocks. Modern palletisers and pallet wrappers can run up to 100 pph and therefore a high speed application is required. In this high volume production, the downtime costs are high and therefore label roll capacity should be considered along with easy consumable changes from simple mechanical designs with as few threading rollers as possible.
- Application speed. This can be as low as 10pph or as high as 200pph dependent of type of product and number of lines feeding one labeller. Any equipment supplied must be capable of achieving the desired speed with contingency should line speeds increase at a later date.
- Reliability. The labelling solution is a critical part of the line process and must provide high degrees of efficiency, reliability, performance and accuracy.
- User Interface & Operation. A simplified User Interface ensures busy operatives can effectively set-up and replenish the labeller. Using standard label designs with pre-configured variable data, which can be recalled, collected, and uploaded locally or across the network. Large TDI touch-screens with intelligent fault finding diagnostics allow any faults to be easily recognised and resolved quickly.
- Barcode Validation / Verification. Barcode quality is key, on line validation in essence records every barcode printed and applied and is the control between the labeller and line PLC to trigger a stop should the barcode fail to be read or fall below the standard for scanning.
- Enclosures. Pallet labelling is installed at the end of most production lines in demanding environments. Dust ingress, extreme temperatures and high FLT activity can all impact on the reliability of the labeller. To overcome this a complete enclosure is essential.
Get in touch
Please call us on 01904 692333, or email using the online form. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
We have worked with Logopak for over 20 years and have found their sales, support and service second to none. Their labelling solutions are the best on the market and we would have no hesitation in recommending them on any of our projects.
MD, ADPAK Machinery Systems