400 Series Case Labeller
Compact case labeller
Capable of high speed applications of up to 100 cycles per minute, the Logopak 400 Print and Apply labeller is a compact system with a small footprint. Available in left or right hand, 4 or 6 inch print widths and supporting over 40 different applicators, the 400 series is the Logopak standard for printing and applying labels in demanding food and beverage or ecomm industries.
The 400 provides the end user with industrially built, high quality, German engineered precision labelling equipment yet at a competitive price.
- 600m media rolls. Label and foil are matched, therefore exhausted at the same time to prevent unnecessary line stoppages.
- Label sizes from 15x15mm to 150x200mm
- Integrated print-head and engine and Dot-shift and SFB technologies extend the life of the print plate.
- High quality manufacture. All Logopak labelling systems are manufactured with an average life span of between 15-20 years leading to low cost of ownership and excellent R.O.I
- Touchscreen operator interfaces. Stand alone operation, or networked to provide the end user with complete connectivity to a multi line control solution.
- Innovative body splitting functionality allowing access to internal drives & belts by releasing one captive bolt, makes maintenance absolute simplicity.
- Wide range of applicator types
- Clearest graphic capability – 107mm or 162mm wide printhead with 12 dots per mm capacity
- Optional scanner for barcode validation
400 Front Apply
For products requiring the label to be applied to the front of a moving product, the label can be applied using an F or F90 type applicator which is mounted above the conveyor.
The advantage of the front applicator is the product does not need to be turned and aligned as a side apply machine. However, consistent pack spacing and pitch is essential to achieve speeds up to 70 packs per minute. Products need to be constantly moving for front apply.
Ultra lightweight carbon fibre materials in combination with high speed rotary cylinders are used to achieve fast low energy mechanical movements to ensure long service life.
400 Side Apply
The majority of outer case or pack labels are applied to the long side face as the product exits a carton erector or shrinkwrap system. When applying to the side of the pack the gap between packs can be decreased when compared to the front apply solution. Products can be static or moving up to 50m/min for label application.
For products requiring the label to be applied to the side face, the 400 series can fitted with 2 different types of applicator:
T – telescope application suitable for applying label to stationary cardboard box where label application is critical – ie mail order. Label application speeds up to 30 labels per minute with standard applicator strokes up to 500mm.
TB – telescope / blow application for applying label to moving cardboard box or shrinkwrapped case up to 80 labels per minute. With the TB applicator, the label can be lightly pressed onto the product for positive application.
400 Top Apply
Labels should only be applied to the top of a case if the case is less than 32mm high.