Case labelling solutions suitable for case labelling where global standard barcode labels are applied to facilitate the handling and tracking of an item. A wide range of applicator types are easily fitted to the unit to allow labels to be applied on all faces of the product.
The outer case label contains either a ITF14, EAN13 or GS1-128 barcode that identifies the product (GTIN) and can also contain BBE, batch and quantity information.
Depending on throughput speeds, Logopak offers three suitable case labellers. All equipment is manufactured in-house and does not rely on any third party integration of hardware or software.
- Logopak 300 Series – print & apply case labeller, out-the-box setup, for simple applications.
- Logopak 400 Series – print and apply case labeller, up to 40 labels per minute, for complex applications
- Logopak 500 Series – high speed print & apply case labeller, large capacity roll, up to 100 labels per minute.
- Manufactured in-house
- Low cost of ownership
- Versatile range of applicators
- Real time labelling
- Efficient consumable changes
- Full supply chain compliance
- Outstanding support service
- Optimised for maximum productivity
- Integrated barcode verification
What makes a good case labeller?
To apply the perfect barcode label consideration for the following items is critical;
- Application. Non contact blow on applicators offer the advantage of few moving parts and no parts in contact with the moving product. Ultra light weight applicators should be used if the label is required to be applied to a cardboard surface. Less weight = less wear.
- Real time labelling. One-to-one labelling means there are no pre-printed labels on the label web or loop waiting to be applied. This means real time print data such as sequential number or real time clock data is absolutely accurate. No loop minimises label waste at product change over.
- Consumable stocks. In a high volume production, the downtime costs are high and therefore label roll capacity should be considered along with easy consumable changes from simple mechanical designs with as few threading rollers as possible.
- Application speed. This can be as low as 10 ppm or as high as 100 ppm dependant of type of product. Any equipment supplied must be capable of achieving the desired speed with contingency should line speeds increase at a later date.
- Reliability. The labelling solution is a critical part of the line process and must provide high degrees of efficiency, reliability, performance and accuracy.
- User Interface & Operation. A simplified User Interface ensures busy operatives can effectively set-up and replenish the labeller. Using standard label designs with pre-configured variable data, which can be recalled, collected, and uploaded locally or across the network. Large TDI touch-screens with intelligent fault finding diagnostics allow any faults to be easily recognised and resolved quickly.
- Barcode Validation / Verification. Barcode quality is key, on line validation in essence records every barcode printed and applied and is the control between the labeller and line PLC to trigger a stop should the barcode fail to be read or fall below the standard for scanning.
Get in touch
Please call us on 01904 692333, or email using the online form. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Westons Cider have worked with Logopak for many years with Westons Cider receiving a high standard of service. Consequently, it was an easy decision to choose Logopak for a new pallet labelling machine. The purpose of installing the machine was to improve Health and Safety by removing the need for personnel to manually apply a pallet label in an area that was used by fork lift trucks.
Packaging Manager, Westons Cider