Case labelling solutions suitable for case labelling where global standard barcode labels are applied to facilitate the handling and tracking of an item. A wide range of applicator types are easily fitted to the unit to allow labels to be applied on all faces of the product.
The outer case label contains either a ITF14, EAN13 or GS1-128 barcode that identifies the product (GTIN) and can also contain BBE, batch and quantity information.
Depending on throughput speeds, Logopak offers three suitable case labellers. All equipment is manufactured in-house and does not rely on any third party integration of hardware or software.
- Logopak 300 Series – print & apply case labeller, out-the-box setup, for simple applications.
- Logopak 400 Series – print and apply case labeller, up to 40 labels per minute, for complex applications
- Logopak 500 Series – high speed print & apply case labeller, large capacity roll, up to 100 labels per minute.
- Manufactured in-house
- Low cost of ownership
- Versatile range of applicators
- Real time labelling
- Efficient consumable changes
- Full supply chain compliance
- Outstanding support service
- Optimised for maximum productivity
- Integrated barcode verification
What makes a good case labeller?
To apply the perfect barcode label consideration for the following items is critical;
- Application. Non contact blow on applicators offer the advantage of few moving parts and no parts in contact with the moving product. Ultra light weight applicators should be used if the label is required to be applied to a cardboard surface. Less weight = less wear.
- Real time labelling. One-to-one labelling means there are no pre-printed labels on the label web or loop waiting to be applied. This means real time print data such as sequential number or real time clock data is absolutely accurate. No loop minimises label waste at product change over.
- Consumable stocks. In a high volume production, the downtime costs are high and therefore label roll capacity should be considered along with easy consumable changes from simple mechanical designs with as few threading rollers as possible.
- Application speed. This can be as low as 10 ppm or as high as 100 ppm dependant of type of product. Any equipment supplied must be capable of achieving the desired speed with contingency should line speeds increase at a later date.
- Reliability. The labelling solution is a critical part of the line process and must provide high degrees of efficiency, reliability, performance and accuracy.
- User Interface & Operation. A simplified User Interface ensures busy operatives can effectively set-up and replenish the labeller. Using standard label designs with pre-configured variable data, which can be recalled, collected, and uploaded locally or across the network. Large TDI touch-screens with intelligent fault finding diagnostics allow any faults to be easily recognised and resolved quickly.
- Barcode Validation / Verification. Barcode quality is key, on line validation in essence records every barcode printed and applied and is the control between the labeller and line PLC to trigger a stop should the barcode fail to be read or fall below the standard for scanning.
Get in touch
Please call us on 01904 692333, or email using the online form. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
We had a requirement to source our label data from a JDE SQL Server database rather than rely on manual entry. We created a view of the required label data for all of our products and presented it as a read only System DSN in ODBC. Our operators now only have to enter an item number and Logopak's Syncro software seamlessly picks this up and uses it to populate the entire label without any problem. To date we have had no issues with the Syncro/ODBC connection, it just works perfectly, every time.
IT Dept, Magners